Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Miniature Toy Shop

Just in time for Christmas: a miniature toy store, for dollies to go window shopping!

This little shop was originally a French candy counter. It's about 15 inches wide, and circa the 1920s. Made as an accessory for small dolls, it would have held tiny sweets and candies. Those were long gone by the time it made its way to me, so I thought it would make a perfect toy shop. I filled it with old and very tiny toys, mostly German wooden, but there are also some French soft metal pieces. See what you can spot!



Here's a closeup of the center shelves, holding German wooden farm animals, houses, wagons, and dolls; cast metal TootsieToy vehicles; and a teeny tiny turned wood skittles set:




This corner has a tin birdcage, toy stove, and telephone, along with a couple of bisque and china dollies:















The other corner is home to a miniature 1920s Schuco teddy bear, just 2 inches tall, and an itty bitty harmonica:














On the floor in front of the shop rests a china doll in her tiny French carriage, along with a small sewing machine and a miniature dollhouse.




One of my dollhouse dolls is happily choosing her Christmas toys from the shelves. I hope Santa brings her what she wishes for!


9 comments:

  1. que cantidad de pequeñas joyas, te felicito por tenerlas. Y feliz navidad tambien

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The colors and textures are marvelous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Tracy, so many wonderful treasures.

    I haven't been commenting here for ages I know but as you're on the roll on my blog homepage I always see the delights you post about.

    I wish you a very Merry Christmas (perhaps Santa will drop by a few interesting new pieces??) and all the very best of health and happiness in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're all liking it!

    Hi Norma: yes, Santa has already been to my house, and I've peeked! I'll have a lot to show and tell in January: there are dollhouses, tin toys, wind up toys, and a teddy bear or two.

    Hope you have a Happy Christmas, and that Santa brings you lots of treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a naughty girl peeking at the treasures already ;) Looking forward to seeing all revealed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy, your posts always bring a smile to my face :)
    love that color blue and the way you set up all those miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then we're even, because your bears always bring a smile to my face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hitty Jean would LOVE to shop there! I love your collections so much! So grateful you take the time to share them in photos...

    ReplyDelete